Whether it is a hobby of yours or you play for a bowls club. Our sites are open to the public for all to enjoy. The bowls season starts from the last weekend in April to the last weekend in September. To play at our sites you will need to pre-book a rink, bring your own equipment and adhere to the safety measures in place.
To keep everyone safe please do not come to our sites;
- If you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or isolating
- If you have returned from outside the UK in the last 14 days
- Have been in contact with someone who has tested positive
- Have been contacted by NHS Track or Trace.
Opening times vary per sports site.
(Sites open weather permitting)
Cost: £3.50 Adults and Over 60’s – per hour, £1.50 Juniors (under 16) – per hour, for a one-hour session. Ask about our Bowls Season Ticket!
Payment: Card Payments only.
Equipment: You must bring your own equipment. Pushers, scoreboards and jacks will be available, but must be sanitised using the wipes provided before and after each use.
Play Time: Singles, Doubles Matches or rule of six only.
Rink Availability: 6 Rinks will be available and each green will be limited to up a maximum of 24 players on each green. The ‘rule of six’ applies OR two households applies.
Book a Rink Bognor Regis:
Waterloo Square or Swansea Gardens – 01243 864303 – State at time of booking the sport site.
Book a Rink Littlehampton:
Norfolk Gardens or Maltravers Park – 07803 695472 – State at time of booking the sport site.
Please note: Bowls Clubs play at our sports sites and rinks are subject to availability.
Covid-19 Safety measures and rules:
There will be spare time between each session to allow players to vacate the area and sanitise the jacks, mats and any other equipment. Please follow the signage guidelines on site for your own safety, and the protection of others.
- Protective shields have been installed for your safety and to protect staff.
- 1 Person to Queue & Pay – Stay 2 meters apart to maintain social distancing.
- Anti-bacterial wipes and hand sanitiser gel will be available for visitors at the kiosk. Approach 1 person at a time.
- Please do not share your equipment.
- Please do not touch another players equipment.
- You must wait for the players to finish their game, sanitise equipment and leave the premises before you can enter the green and start your game.
- Maintain social distancing at all times by staying 2m apart.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your children comply with social distancing rules or you will be asked to leave.
- Players are not to congregate on or around the greens before and after play.
- Spectators are not permitted around the green to ensure government guidance are adhered to.
- Access to the clubhouse is limited to reduce social contact and face coverings must be worn.
- Ensure you follow public health guidelines for hygiene and sanitise your hands regularly.
- Ensure you clean your equipment before and after use when using our facilities.
- Scorecards will be provided, but you must use your own pen/pencil.
- If using scorecards, the card must be retained by one player.
- Please retain your receipt or bowls season ticket as proof of payment.
- Dispose of any rubbish/litter using the bins provided.
- The use of public toilets will be available.
- Scan the NHS Track & Trace App